ACSA Novice Muay Thai Interclub Registration
This is a novice level sparring day event conducted under modified Muay Thai rules (rules are below). We encourage all competitors to compete with technical, clean and controlled technique. The purpose of the day is to give NOVICE LEVEL competitors a chance to gain experience in a safe and controlled environment. Those with prior Amateur or Professional experience in any combat sports are not permitted to enter.
Adult Division +17 years of age | Kids Division 12-16 years of age
RULES YOU NEED TO KNOW
- – All bouts are 70% contact. Excessive contact will result in disqualification.
- – 3 x 90 second rounds with 60 seconds rest.
- – All bouts are decision bouts & judged by 3 judges.
- – Full protective gear must be worn and supplied by competitors:
- – 16oz gloves, Muay Thai style shin guards, groin guard, mouth guard
- – No elbows or head kicks.
- – Knees and clinch permitted
- – Sweep techniques permitted
- Saturday 2nd July
- Saturday 3RD September
- Saturday 29th October
- Saturday 10th December
WHO CAN COMPETE?
This Melbourne Novice Muay Thai interclub is open to ALL Muay Thai gyms and teams in Melbourne.
It is suitable for those with zero or very little competition experience and wanting to test themselves in
competition in a fun, safe, and controlled environment.
We place a strong emphasis on technical, controlled bouts to allow novice fighters the opportunity
to gain experience and further develop their individual skill set.